Tuesday, September 18, 2018

July 30th

Dear family and friends! 

I don't remember a lot of what I did, but here are some of the highlights: 

On Tuesday we went to F's house for a lesson. We focused on the scripture Proverbs 3:5. And we talked about that. We also talked about being humble before God. It was a really good lesson! We did have to temporary drop him. We gave him some time to ponder and to pray if This is the true church. But we explained to him that we still want him to read the BOM and come to church every Sunday! 


On Wednesday we had a lesson with B! She told us that she read a few pages of the BOM! She did it on her own and she's only 10 years old! We were so happy for her! We taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And at the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized! And she said she would think about it. We will be following up with that in our next lesson :) 

Afterwards we went to see Sister P. We read Moroni 10 with her. Such a good chapter! I love it! And then we helped her around her house for a little bit. She and her husband has been remoding their home. So she's been stressed out lately. So we tried to help her anyway that we could. 

On Thursday we had branch council. And afterwards we had K' s baptismal interview. SHE PASSED! She looked excited and really happy to make this step in her life! 
Then we stayed after to clean the font and get things ready for her baptism. 

On Friday K WAS BAPTIZED!!! It was seriously one of the best baptisms I've ever been to! Her fiance spoke on baptism and he did such an incredible job! The spirit was so strong! I just couldn't stop smiling as I saw K enter the waters of baptism! She was just glowing after! She was smiling the rest of the night! And then her soon to be mother in law spoke on the Holy Ghost. And she did amazing! I know everyone in that room felt the spirit! I just can't describe the feeling that I felt! I just felt God's perfect love for K. She was then able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. And she looked so happy! She is just amazing! I love her! I am sad that she will be moving. But they will be moving to Utah in like September so I will see her next year :) 

On Saturday we had a lesson with J. He is on baptismal date for this Saturday the 4th of August. We asked him if he was ready and if he had a desire to be baptized! And he is!! So we started planning out his baptism and what the program will look like! He is excited to make this step in his life! He loves this Gospel so much! 
And then later that night we visited a member of our branch, Sister M. She hasn't been to church in a few months cause she's been super duper sick. So we thought we would drop by and see how she's doing. She let us in and we talked and talked and talked. She is amazing. I love her! We set up another appointment to see her this Saturday :) 

And yesterday we had church. K, her fiance , his mom and friend came to sacrament meeting. And Sister M came too!! So we were happy about that! 

After Sacrament meeting we said bye to K and her fiance and his family. We took one last picture with them. It is bitter/sweet. I am so glad for the chance I had to meet K and to teach her. I do know that she is a daughter of God. This is why I love this work so much! I get to meet amazing people like Kenzie! This work is just amazing! 
We were also able to visit my favorite people, L, Brother U, and the H family! I love them all so much! 

Thank you all for your love and support! And for the prayers! I can truly feel them! Love you all! 😊 

Sister Beeson 


No comments:

Post a Comment