Monday, September 17, 2018

June 25th, 2018

Dear family and friends!

First off, thank you all for your love and support! This week was great!

Monday we went to visit a lady in our branch Sister K. She is the cutest, and sweetest lady ever! I love her so much! 
After that, we visited a recent convert L. I love L! 

Tuesday we served S! We were gonna paint but we got distracted doing something else, but we will be painting tomorrow. I love serving. I've come to love it more now that I've been out here on my mission! 

 After that, we visited our investigator F. He is doing well. We took him off date.......... again! He just thinks he's not ready, but really, he is! I mean my companion and I told him that if he wore a sticker on his shirt that says "I'm a mormon" we would believe him. But he is still progressing, I mean he's coming to church every Sunday and he still enjoys the lessons and still invites us to his home. 
After that lesson we had a lesson with our other investigator G. He's doing good. He wants to be baptized, but he is not ready right now. But hopefully in the near future he will be. 

Wednesday- we door knocked a little bit. We picked up a potential named Z. We exchanged contact information. She was super cool.  I felt God's love for her :)

We also met this cool guy named B. He's Catholic.  He was explaining that he believes in God, but won't go to church because of an incident that happened here in Portland Michigan a while back, with one of the pastors or something. But he was super cool and very nice and respectful. We just both bore our testimony to him. And I don't know, it was just an amazing experience! I can't explain very well. 

That night we had a lesson with J our investigator is on baptismal date for July 21st. We finished the baptismal interview questions and we showed him the font. And he's excited to be baptized. He loves Jesus Christ. 

Thursday was a multi Zone Conference. It was one of the best zone conferences ever! The Spirit was definitely there! I played the piano for a musical number while a few sister sang. It was "to bring the world his truth". And also I was able to see my trainer Sister Combe, and my MTC companion Sister Finch! This conference was the Stevenson's last one. They are leaving to go home in like a week and a half. I am so sad :( I will miss them like crazy!! So all the Portland sisters now and in the past got a picture with the Stevenson's! 

Friday we went to lessons with the Stevenson's. We went to see Brother U! He is just the sweetest old man ever! He is so funny. He loves to crack jokes! I always look forward with our visits with him. We talked about how we are all children of God. And then we sang I am a Child of God. The Spirit was there! 

Then we saw Sister Pifer. She really wanted to make peanut butter rice krispies. And so we made some. We did read a talk with her.

We dropped by the S's. They are less active. They don't go to church. But they still read their scriptures and pray. They let us over and I shared my favorite scripture with them, Helaman 5:12. I talked a little about uncle Joe :) 

Saturday we went to a baptism in Lundington, in Hart. For my companions investigator. And it was a really good baptism. I love seeing God's precious children enter the waters of baptism. It just pure joy watching!

And yesterday Morgan Summers surprised me and came to Church. She is the sweetest. 
Okay I still have lots to say, but this email is too long! Sorry :/ 

Love you all! Happy Monday!

Sister Beeson 

No comments:

Post a Comment