Wednesday, September 19, 2018



Dear family and friends! 

Wow! I can't believe it's August already! Crazy! Well this week was good as usual, here are the highlights: 

Monday: We had a lesson with a lady named A. She has been so busy lately but we were finally able to meet with her. And it was a really good lesson. We taught her the restoration. And I was able to quote some of Joseph Smith's first vision to her. It was seriously one of the best restoration lessons! I could tell that she felt the spirit. :) 


Tuesday: We served S. We are still painting the mural for her. It is coming along though. I hope we'll be able to finish it by the end of this week. I love S! She is the sweetest! 

Wednesday: We had zone conference. It was a very nice reunion with all my MTC buddies. Can I just say how amazing President and Sister Brennan are! They are the best! I love how whenever they speak to us the spirit is always so strong and powerful. President Brennan shared some cool stories and pictures from his mission. He talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and how powerful it can be in someone's conversion. It was SO GOOD!! So at the end of the conference he gave every companionship a box of Book of Mormons. 

Thursday: We had a lesson with M, who is a recent convert. We focused on the Plan of Salvation. It was an alright lesson; she gets distracted a lot but I still love her. Then we had a lesson with
someone with B. We read 1 Nephi 1 with her, her mom and her grandparents. Afterwards we just talked about the importance of the BOM and we both just shared our testimonies. At the end of the lesson we asked her if she remembered what we invited her to do the last time (which was thinking on baptism, she said she would think about it) she nodded her head, and she was silent for a while and then she said "I want to be baptized!" I seriously got the chills and butterflies when she said that! Haha! I was so happy. I couldn't stop smiling. We put her on baptismal date for September 8th. Yay! 
Later,  we went to have a lesson with a less active, Sister P. We read a chapter out of the BOM with her, we read 3 Nephi 11 with her. Whenever we read the BOM with her, the spirit always enters in her home. It's a very sweet feeling :)


Friday: We visited a member from the branch who was baptized a year ago. His name is C. He was very active in the lesson. We talked about faith and Prophets and that kinda led into Joseph Smith. He made really good comments and asked good questions. The spirit was definitely there. 

Saturday: J WAS BAPTIZED!!! YAY! It was such a good day. He was very nervous at first but once he was baptized you could just see how happy he was. It's a miracle to witness one of God's precious children enter the waters of baptism! I am so happy for J and the decision he made. Happy day!  President and Sister Brennan also came to his baptism. I was a bit nervous, but they enjoyed it :) 

Sunday: After church our ward had a linger longer. They had food and tables all set up. Because two people from our branch got married-we all celebrated with them. It was fun. We decided to take a plate of food to our dear friend Bro. U. And we visited with him and talked to him about prayer. I think he really appreciated the lesson. He is so sweet. 
Later during the evening we visited the H family. They talk a lot! So we quickly showed them the "Shower of Heavenly Blessings" video. And we talked about ways how Heavenly Father has blessed our lives. It was good. I love the H family so much! 

But I am sad because President Brennan told me that I was going to be transferred! I will miss Portland and the members so much! But I am grateful for 6 months I was able to serve here in Portland! 

I love this work and I love you all! Thanks for all the love and support 😊😊 

Sister Beeson 

No comments:

Post a Comment