Monday, June 10, 2019

December 31, 2018

Hello everyone! 

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! I know I did!! I am so grateful that I was able to Skype my family. I love them all so much!! Anyway here are the highlights from the week! 

On Monday was Christmas eve! For dinner we went to the M's and had some amazing, delicious tamales! Everyone from the ward was there! It was a lot of fun. After that we went door knocking for an hour. It was actually kinda fun. And we talked to some really nice people.

Tuesday was Christmas. We had lunch with the N family. It was SO MUCH FUN! We had some really fun conversations and she gave us some really fun gifts. We also took some really fun pictures as well. I will attach some pics.

 Sister Martin and I wanted to buy some roses and hand them out to some people. But no stores were open so that was a bummer :( and then I talked to my family!!! And that was the highlight of my Christmas! I've come to love and appreciate my family a lot more! Love you guys! ❤ 
  We thought we would go to a gas station to see if there would be any Roses, nope Haha! But we talked to the person working there for a little bit. And we gave her a light the world card and told her to call us if she needed anything.

We then had a feeling to go to a member's house. So we did. And they let us right in. Right when we went in Sister W asked us if we wanted some pumpkin pie. So we ate some pumpkin pie and talked to Brother and Sister W and their daughter L. We also shared with them a spiritual thought. It was so much fun. Before we left they told us how much they appreciated us coming.
 They are serving in the west branch so that's why we never see them at church. They told us that it feels like people have forgotten about them so they said it meant a lot that we came. We then had dinner with D and her family. Amazing food. It was so good!! We had some fun conversations. And I am just beyond grateful for D and her cute family! Seriously BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

On Wednesday we bought 2 dozen roses. We wrote a spiritual thought on a piece of paper. With the lighttheworld cards on them and in the spiritual thought it said that no matter the time of year, even if it's not Christmas to always remember Christ! We went downtown and handed out 10 Roses downtown. And then the rest of the Roses we gave to less actives in the ward. It was so much fun. 

On Thursday we had a lesson with D. I don't know if I ever told you how we met Dl. We met him at the human library. And we gave him our number. And ever since then he kept in contact. And then he started to show interest. We taught him a couple of times now. We put Dl on baptismal date for Feb. 2. He seemed really excited about it! So that was exciting. 
And we also met with D and the M family. And they are all doing good 😊

On Friday we had district council and interviews with President Brennan. I know I say it every time. But President Brennan is amazing!!! I always walk out of interviews with an overwhelming feeling of the spirit. 
And then we met with N. We made a calendar for her that shows her her baptismal plan. She seemed super excited about it. I have seriously seen a change in her since we've started to meet with her! I seriously love her so much!! 

On Saturday we met with M! Oh how I love and adore her. We taught her the 4th article of faith. And a way we helped her memorize it is:we made some hand signals so she could remember. It was so much fun! 

 Yesterday was a good day! First off it was our first 2nd hour block. We had 8 people who we are teaching come to church. And then at church a returning member V, her two kids H and S wanted to be baptized! So that was amazing!

After church there was a baptism for an 8 year old. We stayed after with D and her family and they watched the baptism. It was really cool to have them there. 
Afterwards we met with N and her 3 kids. Her kids said that they all wanted to be baptized! At the end of the lesson N's son C said the closing prayer. And as he did that I teared up a little bit. Nothing is better than hearing someone who you are teaching pray. The spirit was definitely there. After that V's other daughter Lout of no where said she wanted to be baptized too!! So we put her, H and S on baptismal date for Jan. 26th. So now in total we have 8 people on baptismal date. Sister Martin and I freaked out after the lesson! We are both just so happy!! 

Sorry for the long email! So many good things happen that it was too good to not share!! I am super happy and I am so grateful for 2018 and what it brought me! Happy new years!! Love you all!

Sister Beeson 

No comments:

Post a Comment