Monday, May 21, 2018

May 7th

Dear family and friends
Well Wednesday Sister Combe and I stayed in because S. Combe was sick.  But we were able to go out once to teach a lesson to our new investigators. K and D. Both of them are in their 20s and are nurses. K's boyfriend, who lives in Utah referred her to us. And then K referred her roommate D to us. So that was a miracle!
 
Anyway on Wednesday we taught them of the Restoration through the prophet Joseph Smith. And so we watched a 20 minute video of the first vision and restoration. They both loved it. K  told us of how much she loves how simple and organized the church is. Me and Sister Combe strongly agreed. And they are both still interested in talking the discussions. I love them both so much. I have truly felt God's perfect love for them both. They are daughters of God! 
On Thursday we got our SMARTPHONES FINALLY!! So that was very exciting! So now we can have Facebook and all that fun stuff. And now we can also instead of paper planners, we can just get them on our phones. So that super nice. The only down fall of these smartphones is that we are supposed put all of our area book into the smartphones. And we have TWO area books. So that will take FOREVER! So that's basically what we've been doing the last couple of days. Recording everything in our phones. 
And then on Friday we had lessons all day with the S's. One of the lessons we taught was to a recent convert J. And one of his cats had kittens. So at the end of the lesson he let me and S. Combe hold a kitten. I held one that he named bacon bits. He said he named it after me. Because one day he was trying to guess my name and he said Sister Bacon. But anyway I will try to send a picture of me hold bacon bits. 
But just an update. I am doing a lot better :) I have truly seen the Lord's hand in my life this past week. I am serving, I am smiling, and I am happy. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. I love Michigan so much. The blossoms are beginning to bloom on the trees and it's just beautiful!! Also Mother's day is this Sunday. So we were thinking of facetiming at 3:30 :) I am super duper excited to see all your faces!! Love and miss you all :) 
Sister Beeson 

No comments:

Post a Comment