• Dear family and friends! 
    This week was short and very sweet! 
    Tuesday: We served S. We did some yard work for her. We weeded her yard. And S. Combe and I both didn't know we were gonna do yard work. And so we didn't wear the best things. I was wearing a black shirt, with sweats. And it was pretty hot outside. But we got it done. As I've been out here on my mission, I have come to enjoy serving a lot more. I absolutely love serving others. 
    Wednesday: We had district meeting. And then a district lunch at the S's. And afterwards, me and S. Combe went door knocking. It was the perfect day for door knocking. It was nice and sunny, and very pretty out. We did give one BOM to someone. There were people who weren't interested, but they were very nice to us. So I witnessed that as a miracle. I enjoy door knocking a lot more when it is nice and sunny out and when the people are nice. And then that night we had a lesson with our investigator J. We had the lesson at the church, and we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was there. And I knew that J felt it. He is really good at keeping commitments. And really loves Jesus Christ. 
    Thursday: We had a lesson with our investigator F. L who is a recent convert came with us to the lesson. And we taught him about Baptism. F is having a hard time with baptism. So he has been searching for the truth for like 26 years. And he's been to several different churches. He actually referred himself to mormon.org. Anyway, he is confused about baptism and being saved. He always thought that we are saved no matter what. If we accept Jesus Christ we are saved. So we told him our version on what being saved means. And he also is confused with the three kingdoms of glory. He always thought there was just a Heaven and Hell. And he just thinks bad people like Hitler should go to Hell. And he said how there wasn't anything in the bible that talked about the three kingdoms. So we went to 1 Corinthians 15, I forgot the verse. But we read that with him. And he did say it made more sense. L was also able to bear her testimony as well, and we think that helped cause she could relate to him a lot. But I know he felt the spirit. It was really strong. We invited him to pray of what we taught him is true and to pray for a baptismal date. I have faith that he will be baptized one day. 
    Yesterday we had transfer calls. That's why we are having a P-Day today, just FYI. Anyway, I am of course staying here in Portland. And my sweet companion is being transferred. She has been here in Portland for half of her mission, 9 months. She is being transferred to Midland. I will miss her, but I know that she'll do amazing things in Midland. Anyway, after that we went to this ice cream place (don't worry I didn't have any ice cream) so Sister Combe could say good bye to the owner. Her name is J. We are all really good friends. She is not a member, but she is very sweet and understanding. 
    We then had a lesson with a recent convert, We taught her about self-worth. And we watched a little bit of the devotional when Elder and Sister Kearon spoke to the single young adults a couple of weeks ago. So we watch Sister Kearon's talk. And a mormon message. And we just bore our testimonies and talked about it. And last night we had a lesson with the H family. We talked about service and I wrote down ways for them how they can serve someone everyday. The spirit was very strong. Brother and Sister H  shared experiences how they have served someone or when someone served them. You could just tell the love they had for service. I know that as we serve, we are becoming more like Christ. I just love it. The lesson was just amazing. I love the H family so much. 
    Anyway that was my week! I love this work so much. I really do! I am excited to meet my new companion and work with her. I love and miss you all. The church is true the book is blue :) 
    Sister Beeson