Sunday, April 22, 2018

Dear family and friends!
This week was good. On Tuesday we went door knocking for a little bit. And no one was really home because of spring break. So that was tough. But we went to this one house. And this young man answered the door. And he said: "can I help you?" We just said how we wanted to help them and how we are missionaries sharing a message on Jesus Christ. He said that he wasn't interested. And his mom came over and said: "you guys just don't get it. Please get off my porch." So we did. UGH! So annoying. We have had no luck door knocking lately. But that's okay. I can feel God trying our faith. He is also trying my patience. This is good for me. After we door knocked we went back to our apartment. And I got a package from a Morgan Summers. She works with dad at AF High School. She sent me lots of goodies and other things. I have never met her. But she is the nicest lady ever. Dad, tell her thank you from me! So that package really made my dad. And was what I needed.
On Wednesday, we witnessed miracles! Miracle number 1: Me and Sister Combe were serving at the library. And as we were serving we were talking to this guy named K. He asked us why we were here. And we told him that we're missionaries and that we love to serve  He asked us some more questions about our religion. And then we talked to him about the Book of Mormon. And we gave him one. And he said he would read it! We also gave him a pass along card with our number. We talked to him for about 10 minutes. And he was very nice to us.

Miracle number 2: We had a lesson with our investigator G who is getting baptized soon. He is the one that is struggling with drinking coffee. And he told us that he went a full day without drinking coffee! yay! And we also had a good lesson with him. We taught him of the Plan of Salvation. And usually when we have lessons with him he mutes the T.V. but keeps it on, and that's a real distraction, especially for me! But at this lesson he turned off the T.V. and was fully engaged in the lesson.
Miracle number 3: We were teaching our other investigator M. Who will be getting baptized this Saturday :) We talked to her about Fasting and obeying and honoring the law. And also of Prophets, Repentance, WOW, and the Sabbath Day. M's husband, J, has been listening in these lessons, but not very interested. At the end of the lesson we talked about baptism and more detail on that. Our branch president, President D joined us during this lesson as well. And he showed her the video of Christ being baptized. We could tell that M is getting exciting about baptism. Anyway towards the end of the lesson D turned to her husband and jokingly said: "do you want to be baptized?" And J says yes! So we asked him if he wanted to take the lessons and he said yes! We asked him when we wanted to start. And he said as soon as possible! We were all so shocked.
Also yesterday we had transfer calls. Of course me and Sister Combe are staying here in Portland for another 6 weeks :) I am very happy about that. Our district leader Elder Burbank is staying, and his companion Elder Stolp was transferred to Kalamazoo! And of course Elder and Sister Stevenson are staying here in Portland as well. I love my district. We are very small. But we became like family!
Well I have now been out for 2 Months! CRAZY!!!! Time has seriously gone by fast! 16 more months :)

These miracles were basically the highlights of my week. This work is becoming more enjoyable. I love it. Thanks for all your prayers. I truly feel them everyday.
Love and miss you all!
Sister Beeson ​

No comments:

Post a Comment