Monday, April 23, 2018

April 23rd Best Week!

Dear family and friends!
Friday and Saturday were the best days ever!!
So on Friday we had a lesson with one of our recent converts Heaven. And we taught her about missionary work. And how being a member missionary is important. I already told dad this, but I've been ready the book, The Power of Everyday Missionaries. And I absolutely love that book. And I tied what he said in the lesson with Heaven. After her lesson, we went door knocking. And I don't like door knocking, so I told S. Combe that we should play a game while we door knocked. So we played 20 questions. And It was actually a lot of fun. It was one of the best door knocking experiences I have had. I became more confident with myself and I had fun :) And then that night we had dinner with the Fergunson's. We had hamburgers and hotdogs. Totally reminded me of a nice summer meal.
On Saturday we had two baptisms. Saturday morning me and S. Combe went to the church to fill up the font. And while we were setting up, I was playing the piano cause I was going to play the piano for the actual ceremony. And so I was practicing. And then the ward mission leader and his wife came. And he went to feel the water and it was cold. And Mary told us she didn't want cold water. The water heater wasn't working. So he decided to boil water from the stove top and top that water in the font. So we did start the baptism a bit late. When it was time for Mary to get in the water, you could tell that she was cold because of the water! And on top of that the water wasn't deep enough. But we figured it out and she was able to be fully immersed into the water :) When she got out she started to cough like crazy. She forgot to close her mouth, close her eyes and plug her nose. But she was still happy and she was just glowing :) 
That same night the Elders had a baptism. Her name is Teresa! And I just love her. I only met her twice. But I love her. I loved watching her being baptized. She was just so happy afterwards. She couldn't stop smiling :) She was just very radiant!!
Anyway I am sorry for the short letter, but that was basically the highlights of the week. It was a good week. I am doing great! I love the Lord. I love this work. And I love you all!! Thanks again for your prayers :)
Sister Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment