Monday, March 19, 2018

Dear Family and Friends!
TIME FLIES!!! In just a few weeks I'll hit my 2 month mark! Isn't that just crazy!
So our investigator F, as of right now doesn't have the desire to be baptized, but he still wants us to come and teach him. On Saturday we taught him about discernment. And how we can discern the Spirit. We shared some scriptures with him and personal experiences. I do believe that he is enjoying the lessons. We did take him to a baptism on Saturday so he could see what a baptism looks like. And he said that he really enjoyed it. We are just crossing our fingers that he will gain the desire to be baptized.
S said that this whole thing isn't working out for her. So we had to drop her as an investigator, which was very sad, but I think we saw it coming. We told her if she ever needs anything to not hesitate to call or text us.
Basically the rest of the week was us reaching out to the branch members in our branch. Do you remember when I told you all that we passed out pass along cards to some of the branch members? So, we called them last night and asked how their missionary work is going. We will be doing that a lot  because we need the branch members to help us with missionary work, and to help find investigators. It makes me really grateful for the ward I have back home and how they all do missionary work all the time!!
On Tuesday Sister Combe and I went on trade offs with the Sister Training Leaders. It was fun but also very hard. They are serving in the MSU campus. I was with  Sister Bair and we  went finding for a bit. And it was stressful. She would tell me that it was my turn to start the conversation and so as we were walking on campus, I stopped this one guy and introduced myself and asked what his name was and he just said that he needed to go. It was SO AWKWARD! Haha! After that I just imagined all of you doing the finger guns at me saying pew pew. Beeson Family joke.

But on the bright side, right after that, there was this guy standing behind us, and we talked to him for a little bit, I talked to him about families for a little bit, and he talked about how he has a good relationship with his family. And then Sister Bair was explaining that we want that same relationship with God.

So we talked about that for a little bit. Sister Bair had a feeling to go to a scripture in the Book of Mormon, I apologize -I do not remember the scripture, but after she read it, the guy was like, actually I do have a question, he then asked why bad things always happen to good people. He asked if he could find that answer in the Book of Mormon. We both lit up and said YES! So we got his name and phone number and returning appointment. I am sad I wasn't able to go to the returning appointment because me and Sister Bair were only companions for that day. So I hope that it went well.
Thursday we had District Meeting and interviews with President Brennan. It was really good actually. It was nice to talk to my mission president and tell him how I feel. He actually helped a lot. He was very understanding and kind. Tell Brother Robinson that he such a great man and mission president. :)
Yesterday was a good but hard day. Sister Combe helped me a lot and Elder Stevenson (who is a senior missionary in our district) gave me a blessing. It was what I needed then. The Stevensons are seriously the BEST! They are my Michigan Grandparents. They are the sweetest!
That's basically all I remember of this week. Thanks again for all your prayers. I feel them everyday! I love and miss you all! :)
Sister Beeson

No comments:

Post a Comment