Monday, March 5, 2018

Dear family and friends!!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN!!!!
 
 I will admit, I do miss the mountains a lot! It's super flat here.  But the trees and lakes make up for it. The first day I got here, me and a few other Sisters were able to spent the night at the mission home. My mission presidents are the best! I love the Brennans! And then that next day I met my trainer for the first time. My trainer is Sister Combe. And she's great! I love her. I've learned a lot from her. We have a really nice apartment! We both have our own bathrooms, and a walk in closet, and a washer and dryer. So that 's super nice! 

Anyway, Thursday was my first experience with door knocking. And it was SUPER SCARY! The very first door I knocked, I explained to the guy that we were the missionaries in his area, and how we are sharing a message on Jesus Christ. And he told us he was atheist, so as he was closing the door I was just like oh ok, have a good day. Haha! But I think I have the hang of it now.....ish. But it does get a bit frustrating cause all the doors we've knocked on NO ONE has been interested in our message. There are times I just want to barge myself into their homes and testify of this Gospel. But I came here into the field knowing it was going to be hard, and it is.

Saturday was a good day. We dropped by a recent convert's house. R, and her 10 year old son  N. R got baptized before I got here. And our goal is to get N to baptism. She is a very sweet lady. And her son is very huggy. I didn't even know the kid but he came over and gave me a hug. Anyway, R was very stressed out with her finances. And how disorganized she was. And so we stayed and helped her organize her finances for about an hour. And then after we dropped by Shay Smokers house and she is not a member, and we happened to come when her and her family were cleaning out her shed, so we offered to help. So with dresses on and a desire to work, my companion and I helped them clean their shed. And we did that for maybe and hour and a half. 

We are teaching a lady named A tonight! We found her on Thursday as we were walking around. I loved how willing she was to have us come and share with her what we believe. So next Tuesday, I'll let you know how that goes. 

Yesterday, we door knocked a bit more, I have never been so frustrated in my life. But we were only able to knock just a few houses, cause we had an appointment at 5:30 with the H family. They are all members. And a very sweet family. We taught them a lesson about prophets. It was a short but sweet lesson. We did stay a bit longer to chat. I was able to talk with one of their daughters, G. She's 8, and super sweet. We got to know each other a bit. 
 
But my favorite part of last night was when Brother H explained how all the members should help the full time missionaries. Members do help by praying for us, which is good and very kind of them. But we want them to get out there and help us find investigators. 
 
Elder Bednar explains: "Members are full time finders, and missionaries are full time teachers" I just love that. We told Bro. H that we were going to fast today so we can find investigators, and he was willing to fast with us. So that really meant a lot! 

So that's what my first week in Michigan looked like :) 

Well I love you all! And thank you for the prayers! I can truly feel them. Love and miss you!! 

Sister Beeson


No comments:

Post a Comment