Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Dear family and friends!
 
I can't believe I've been here for two weeks. That went by so quick! I am actually kind of sad that I'm leaving soon. But I can't wait to go to Michigan. 

I am feeling good. The food is ok. There are times where I do feel gross after eating certain foods. And I do exercise everyday. 
 
Thanks mom for the Valentines day package! And I am still off sugar, so those snacks we're perfect, THANK YOU! And these last couple of days I've slept great cause we got new blankets so that helped a lot.

Last week we had two investigators, Margaret and Jeff. Do you remember when I told you I had that awful lesson with Margaret on Monday? Well, Wednesday came along and we were teaching her again. And I realized  I was more confident in myself, and really listened to her and I was not worrie about what I was gonna say and  that it really isn't about me, it's about inviting others to come unto Christ and to love our investigators. I wasn't choking over my words anymore. I felt the spirit SO strong. And I could tell that Margaret felt the spirit as well. It was so amazing to see her transformation. When we first met with her, she was very hesitant with our invitations, and she seemed confused. Then on our last day of teaching her she was GLOWING!  And she told us that she did have a better week. I did feel God's love for her. My companion and I both miss her terribly. 
 
Our other investigator was Jeff. He is a student at BYU, and he has friends who are members. And he wanted to know if there really is a God. So Sister Finch and I had this whole lesson plan on the restoration and the great apostasy. We ended up not talking about any of that. The spirit took over. 
 
Jeff asked us how we knew that God was there. So we both shared personal experiences of how we knew that God lives. And we also talked to him about prayer. The Spirit in there was just indescribable. It was amazing. Jeff also thanked us for sharing with him. I could tell he felt the spirit. Sadly, Jeff didn't show up to our last lesson on Saturday. Sister Finch and I were so sad. So when you see that picture of us where we look sad, and bugged, that's why. 


That is basically all I can remember from this week. I love this work! But I'm not gonna lie, it is very hard. I have had hard days, but I know I can do hard things through Christ. And I have had more good days then bad, so that good!! I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. And I can feel those prayers. Thank you!!! I love to hear what you are all up to. It's like I never left! I love and miss you all!! 


The look we have on our face when an investigator doesn't show up:(

How Lansing Michigan practice warm footwear:)

Training for Michigan snow!

Practicing our snow skills!





No comments:

Post a Comment